The project aims to achieve the following goals:
- Improving intercultural competence by improving general knowledge about China, increasing interest in China, Chinese economy, politics and modern Chinese history.
- Gathering personal experience of China through cooperation in German-Chinese working groups in the Harz region and through participation in an exchange programme as part of joint study or research projects.
- Increasing the participation potential: Supervision of young researchers by Chinese-German professorial teams, staffed by professors from the same subject areas in China and at the TUC.
- Strengthening Germany-wide networking: A Germany-wide network based on the Chinese-German innovation platforms "Clean Energy" and "Intelligent Manufacturing", which are coordinated by research centres at the TUC.
- Establish intensive and long-term cooperation between the TUC and China.
The target group is all students, staff and professors of the TUC.
- Planning and organization of events, seminars and lectures about China.
- Offering various mobility programs to China with an advisory service, e.g. on the visa procedure.
- Cooperation with internal partners, such as faculties and institutions of the university, and with external partners, such as Chinese / German partner universities, companies and associations.
- Expansion of the existing cooperation with Chinese partners in the education sector and in research.
- Public relations through newsletters, mails, press articles and social media.